The Network for International Law Students (NILS) is an international, independent, non-political, non-profit organisation, run by and for law students. It seeks to promote legal awareness among all the people and encourage communication and cooperation among law students and lawyers internationally; contribute to legal education; promote social responsibility in the field of law; increase opportunities for students to learn about other cultures and legal systems worldwide; and publicize educational and career opportunities in law.
- To create awareness of law and justice;
- To facilitate the recognition of the social responsibilities on law students;
- To understand and appreciate the diversity and share the ideals of law in society through exchange and communication among law students of all countries;
- To motivate law students to develop a creative spirit through a network of joint-activities among law students of different countries;
- To encourage the enhancement of the capabilities of law students to become
- internationally minded, socially responsible, academically committed and legally skilled.
We seek to build a world of peace, humanity and respect for the rule of law - a world just is accessible to everyone irrespective of their social background - and importantly where there is mutual trust and respect between people of different cultures.
The events and activities of NILS comprise of a large variety of projects as well as academic and professional events that are organised to meet the vision of NILS and in order to provide our members, opportunities to enhance their skills and to interact with each other. Furthermore NILS provides law students opportunities to develop their skills through our traineeship programme as well as through our publications. Finally working in the NILS Network prepares active members of NILS for their professional life through international experience gained through the network.
We find strength in the diversity of our network and the mutual respect between members from across different countries. We find strength in the leadership qualities that all our members have and the shared idea of a just world for all.
How much ever we work, we cannot achieve everything alone. We believe in building partnerships and to work together with such other organisations who share the ideals of NILS - because we believe in cooperation and different perspectives.
© The Network for International Law Students